Funny thing…no mention of standardized testing or standardized learning.
- Expand the definition of a worthwhile life.
- Engender respect for and delight in the gifts of others.
- Increase awareness of the wide variety of choices available in life for all … particularly students
- Encourage each individual to build upon his or her own special knowledge and inner strengths
- Promote the use of innate intelligence, intuition, self-exploration, and creative self-reliance.
- Confirm the great hunger for finding out just what each of us can do best, in our own voice, at any age.
- Empower the individual to choose to do that something really, really well.
Read more about the AVAM’s education goals here.
And don’t forget to visit one of my favorite places in Baltimore. The Visionary’s new exhibit, “What Makes Us Smile,” is bound to make you learn something while smiling.